14 Jan BBF:036 From Unknown to Expert with Catriona Pollard
From Unknown to Expert with Catriona Pollard
CP Communications founder Catriona Pollard shares information on how to go from being an unknown to an expert in any field. She knows just how to do that because she went from being an unknown in the public relations (PR) field to becoming an expert and is now known as one of the Top 100 PR people to follow on Twitter and a PR leader, mover, and shaker in Sydney.
* Press play above to listen to this weeks Podcast *
Pollard started with nothing when figuring out how to grow her business. She realized that she needed to step into the spotlight and own her expert knowledge. She built trust and recognition by sharing her stories and experience. Through personal development and growth, she developed a system and wrote a book on how to become a recognized expert.
Her 5-star system for becoming an expert focuses on:
- Identify Purpose and Motivation: Why do you want to share your experience?
- Set the Scene/Stage: What do you do? Develop your personal brand by creating an elevator statement, key messages, biographies, and other foundation items. The words you use should be heard, remembered, and repeated.
- Turn on the Spotlight: Develop a personal Web site and blogs to share your stories and experience.
- Utilize the Media/Journalists: Learn how the media and journalists work and what sparks their interest. Use tactics to get journalists to write about you.
- Own Your Expertise: Grow your role as an expert through various social media outlets.
In this episode of Business Brain Food you will learn:
- How to go from an unknown to an expert in a specific field
- To use a 5-Star system to become an expert
- To identify your purpose and motivation for becoming an expert
- How to use blogs, Web sites, networking events, and other resources to promote your personal brand
- What to do to get the media and journalists to write about you
- How to become a thought leader and influencer
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Use Social Media
Use the power of social media to become an expert in your field! Also, if you are enjoying these Business Brain Food podcasts, then make sure to share them via social media sites or email the links to family and friends. A lot of time and effort goes into producing each of these podcasts with the goal in mind of the more people we can inspire about business the better. You can help us do just that!
Until next time, have a profitable day!