30 Jul BBF:013 Succession Planning and Business Exit Strategies with Craig West
Succession Planning and Business Exit Strategies with Craig West
Craig West is a strategic accountant who has over 20 years’ experience advising business owners. As the author of 3 books on the topics of exit planning, employee share ownership plans and asset protection, Craig is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to setting your business up for the future!
In this episode of Business Brain Food you will learn:
- Why you need a plan in your business and why your plan should be mapped to your exit strategy
- How to use Employee Share programs to incentivise, motivate and get your employees involved in growing your business.
- Why you need to think about your exit strategy 5 to 7 years ahead of time.
- How to value your business.
- How to maximise the value of your business.
- What type of buyer you should look for when selling your business.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- The 4 hour work week – Timothy Ferris
- Bottlerocket Combo (Rob Turner and Ian Dittman). If you want to buy their CD you can email Rob Turner; firstname.lastname@example.org
Ask Ben a Question!
If you have a question relating to your business that you would love to get some advice on, then ask Ben. If selected, your question will be played during the show and answered by Ben on the show. To ask a question, simply click on the tab on the right hand side of the page that says ‘Record your Question’, state your question, hit submit and listen into see if Ben answers your question. It’s that simple.
Until next time, have a profitable day!