31 May BBF 136: Building an 8 Figure Business with Tony Grebmeier
Have we got a colourful guest for you this week! This man had actually written his own suicide note, but here he is today inspiring all who listen to him. Tony Grebmeier’s story is just incredible: he’s the founder of Ship Offers (an Inc top 5,000 company); by the age of 18 he’d had a grand total of 16 jobs; and in 1996 he was ahead of the curve and founded a web marketing company in Silicone Valley. Oh and he’s also a radio presenter who does an awesome line of voice impressions!
Tony’s had it all, lost it all, and then made it again, and importantly he’s learnt from these ups and downs how to do business and life in a sustainable way. The show is worth listening to just for Tony’s life story, but he also gave some great tips about how to manage yourself and others:
- Sales in business is about giving people a story to understand what the product or service you’re selling will do for their lives
- Build relationships before you try and sell anything
- Find people for your business who have the skills you don’t have
- Coaching matters: Tony spends over 100,000 per year in coaching and mentoring
- Make the effort to build up people’s self worth, and work with them rather than above them
- Asking is a sign of greatness, not a sign of weakness
- A business owner has to stay in the trenches with their team
In this episode of Business Brain Food you will learn:
- Tony’s incredible story
- The importance of sales to business
- The value of mentoring
- Journaling routines
- The ‘braindump exercise’
- The power of the right mindset
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Free business training from Ben. June dates in Newcastle, Brisbane and Melbourne. More information here
- Ben’s free business Ebook: http://www.maxmyprofit.com.au
- Tony’s radio show: http://www.tonygshow.com
- Tony’s email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All previous BBF episodes & show notes can be found at http://www.businessbrainfood.com.au
- Facebook: facebook.com/businessbrainfood
- Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/businessbrainfood
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/bfewtrell
- Subscribe to BBF on iTunes
- Subscribe to BBF on Stitcher
Tony’s take on life is just great. There is just so much to learn from the man!
Also, if you are enjoying these Business Brain Food podcasts, then make sure to share them via social media sites or email the links to family and friends. A lot of time and effort goes into producing each of these podcasts with the goal in mind of the more people we can inspire about business the better. You can help us do just that!
Until next time, have a profitable day.
(02) 9111 5000