01 Mar BBF: 124 How To Be a Top Gun In Sales with Wayne Berry
We’ve got a real hotshot on the show this week. Step forward Wayne Berry, one of the most in-demand sales gurus (ranked in the top 7% of speakers worldwide), and author of four bestselling books.
Wayne is brilliant at giving people detail in easily digestible chunks. If you’re a business owner or salesperson there is just so much you can apply right NOW to boost your sales figures. Read on for Wayne’s top tips:
- All skills can be learned if you have a high enough desire
- Being human is more important than ever in this era of online information overload
- Don’t bombard people with information – always make it look like you want to build a relationship with them
- Try and position yourself as a problem solver
- The basic sequence of behaviour for an effective salesperson goes like this: develop trust, build rapport, ask the right questions and solve the problems that come from the answers
- You don’t necessarily need the gift of the gab to be a good salesperson
- If you’re a business owner it’s vital you do sales training so you can properly understand the performance of your team
- Don’t just set sales targets – set your targets across all aspects of the process i.e. number of meetings, presentations, cold calls etc.
In this episode of Business Brain Food you will learn:
- The distinction between a pro salesperson and an amateur
- The different types of salespeople
- The power of commitment
- The need for a sales process
- The value of sales scripts
- How to hire the right salespeople
- The right length of sales meetings
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Register for Ben’s workshops across Australia, “The 5-stage business growth blueprint”. The first event is March 1st : http://www.businessfasttrack.com.au
- Wayne is going to be our Guest Speaker at the Business Exceleration Conference – if you want to see him LIVE click here: http://maxmyprofit.com.au/vip-event
- Wayne’s website: http://www.wayneberry.com.au
- Free sales Ebooks and videos at Wayne’s company site: http://www.topgunba.com
- Ben’s Daily Business Tips: http://www.dbtpodcast.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/businessbrainfood
- Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/businessbrainfood
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/bfewtrell
- iTunes: http://actioncoachanz.com/itunes
- Stitcher: http://actioncoachanz.com/stitcher
Wayne has given us some great shortcuts on how to make more sales. Listen, learn and sell!
Also, if you are enjoying these Business Brain Food podcasts, then make sure to share them via social media sites or email the links to family and friends. A lot of time and effort goes into producing each of these podcasts with the goal in mind of the more people we can inspire about business the better. You can help us do just that!
Until next time, have a profitable day.
(02) 9111 5000