01 Feb BBF: 120 How To Position Yourself in the Marketplace with Gregory Diehl
There are so many different marketing channels these days, so you have to work even harder to make sure your message stands out from the ever-growing crowd. That’s why we’re speaking to Gregory Diehl, a man who makes his living advising people on how to do just that.
All of Gregory’s experiences travelling the world and observing the different ways people express their values made him realise that business is exactly the same as humanity… it’s all about the narrative.
Gregory has written an Amazon-bestselling book, Brand Identity Breakthrough, but today he has been kind enough to share with us his top tips about how to truly define your brand and your narrative:
- Try your best to do something where there is no competition. Be different in a very specific kind of way.
- Make sure your elevator pitch is always sharp.
- 80% of knowledge you use should be gathered from personal experience.
- Ask yourself three questions: Who am I? What do I do? Why should the person you’re telling this to care? Use the last one to adjust your instinctive answers to the first two.
- Find out what common interests your potential customers share. What kind of videos will your average customer be watching?
- You will be more fulfilled in your business if you’re doing something you personally believe in, and that in-turn will improve your narrative.
In this episode of Business Brain Food you will learn:
- How to reposition yourself in a marketplace
- How to avoid being a business coward
- Financial planning to mitigate against failure
- How to achieve a unique selling position
- The traits of an armchair entrepreneur
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Gregory’s book on Amazon
- Gregory’s own site which includes the highly popular podcast “Uncomfortable Conversations With Greg” (as recommended by Ben): http://www.gregorydiehl.net
- Ben’s free business marketing plan: http://www.maxmyprofit.com.au or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ben’s Daily Business Tips: http://www.dbtpodcast.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/businessbrainfood
- Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/businessbrainfood
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/bfewtrell
- iTunes: http://actioncoachanz.com/itunes
- Stitcher: http://actioncoachanz.com/stitcher
As Gregory says, “A brand is like a projection of a personality”. So identify yours and go out there and project it!
Also, if you are enjoying these Business Brain Food podcasts, then make sure to share them via social media sites or email the links to family and friends. A lot of time and effort goes into producing each of these podcasts with the goal in mind of the more people we can inspire about business the better. You can help us do just that!
Until next time, have a profitable day.
(02) 9111 5000