23 Nov BBF: 114 Is It Time to Reinvent your Life with Damion Lupo
We had an interesting and profound discussion with Damion on this week’s BBF. Incredibly, he’s had over 30 different businesses, but the key message from this is not how he succeeded in business, but more how he succeeded in his life outside of it.
The big moment for Damion came when he over extended himself as a real estate investor, and within one year went from a net worth of $5m to a debt of $2m. This set him on a path of self-discovery, and made him understand that the validation he was seeking with fast cars and wealth was a corrosive cycle.
Damion has already written five books on the matter, and kindly shared some of his top tips below:
- Disconnect your self worth with your net worth.
- Make sure you really know who you are. If you don’t know this then there is a chance you’ll be seeking validation via superficial things.
- To truly reinvent your life, start from the inside rather than the outside.
- Don’t believe in the current financial and state systems. Embrace the technology that empowers us to do our own thing.
- Work to live, don’t live to work. Avoid that owner’s trap!
- Never stop listening to people. Surround yourself with people you believe in and trust. They may not give you the right answers, but they may help lead you towards them.
- Do not under-estimate the importance of an exit strategy.
In this episode of Business Brain Food you will learn:
- The process of reinventing life
- Internal validation
- The time V money equation
- How to fight insecurity
- The importance of purpose for any entrepreneur
- How playing safe can in fact be dangerous
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Damion’s website: http://www.totalcontrolfinancial.com
- Ben’s free business template: http://www.maxmyprofit.com.au or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ben’s Daily Business Tips: http://www.dbtpodcast.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/businessbrainfood
- Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/businessbrainfood
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/bfewtrell
- ActionCOACH: http://actioncoachanz.com/itunes
- ActionCOACH: http://actioncoachanz.com/stitcher
Remember: even though this is a business podcast, your life and wellbeing is always more important.
Also, if you are enjoying these Business Brain Food podcasts, then make sure to share them via social media sites or email the links to family and friends. A lot of time and effort goes into producing each of these podcasts with the goal in mind of the more people we can inspire about business the better. You can help us do just that!
Until next time, have a profitable day.
(02) 9111 5000