09 Nov BBF: 112 The World’s First Business Advisor in your Pocket with Dale Beaumont
Dale Beaumont is one heck of a character, and this week he is sharing with us a snapshot of the corporate future: his artificial intelligence app that will give portable business training to millions of people. Dale has already written 16 bestselling books, so he really knows his stuff.
As well as giving us a whistle-stop tour of his revolutionary app, BRiN, Dale gave some excellent advice about how businesses can embrace technology of this nature in this day and age. Read the highlights below:
- BRiN is for all the people in the world who don’t have access to business training events. Phase one is complete, with a library containing over 500 hours of content. Dale estimates that only 1% of the world population has access to the kind of events/training that we might take for granted.
- Dale recommends this basic tech toolkit for any modern-day business: A good CRM, accounting in the cloud, the implementation of project management software, an understanding of how technology can enable outsourcing, active social media, a podcast, a mechanism to collect leads from your blog, and a coherent content marketing strategy that takes in all of the above.
- As important as being up-to-date is, always make sure that you upgrade technology in order to solve a problem that your customers have. The worst mistake is to build something that nobody has asked for.
- Remember that if you successfully implement a system that solves a problem for your company then you might well be able to scale this up and sell it to other competitors in your market who have the same problem. Or even to another industry with the same problem.
- You don’t need to be an expert in the technical detail – no CEO needs to be a coder or programmer – but a broad knowledge of the basics is worth its weight in gold. It’s worth taking the time out to do a little bit of training.
- If something works 95% of the time, then people actually prefer dealing with a machine than a human being. Always remember that if you get a system right, your customers and staff will trust you more.
In this episode of Business Brain Food you will learn:
- The inner workings of BRiN
- How reliant people are on artificial intelligence
- The reach of business training worldwide
- The importance of the human voice in modern-day technology
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Show sponsors: Bodyworx physio, onsite workplace safety experts. To book a free onsite workplace assessment, call 02 4952 7033 or visit http://www.bodyworxphysio.com
- Dan’s app website: http://www.brin.ai
- Ben’s Daily Business Tips: http://www.dbtpodcast.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/businessbrainfood
- Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/businessbrainfood
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/bfewtrell
- ActionCOACH: http://actioncoachanz.com/itunes
- ActionCOACH: http://actioncoachanz.com/stitcher
This from Dale really sums up why it’s important to listen up and embrace the technology: “One day, every company will be a technology company in some way, shape or form. Every business can benefit from having technology. If you don’t embrace this new world that we live in then you will be left behind by tech-savvy operators”.
Also, if you are enjoying these Business Brain Food podcasts, then make sure to share them via social media sites or email the links to family and friends. A lot of time and effort goes into producing each of these podcasts with the goal in mind of the more people we can inspire about business the better. You can help us do just that!
Until next time, have a profitable day.
(02) 9111 5000