04 May BBF: 088 From Heavy Metal To LinkedIn Marketing with Jason Miller
LinkedIn is hardly a new phenomenon, but do you really know how to utilise it properly for your business? Our guest this week, Jason Miller, certainly does. He’s the worldwide group manager for content marketing, so you can be pretty sure that he knows what he’s talking about.
He came into the world of marketing after a career in music, first as a band member and then as an artist development professional for Sony Music. He became fascinated by the potential of the internet for bands/musicians to interact with their fans, but his employers didn’t share his enthusiasm, so he left and made it his mission to become an expert on all things internet marketing.
He’s also written an Amazon #1 bestseller, Welcome To The Funnel, but if you want some of his insight without buying the book, see below, and then have a listen to the show!
- Write a good headline on your profile, and it doesn’t have to be short and snappy. This is your chance to give a brag summary of the services you offer.
- Don’t forget that LinkedIn profiles are searchable on google, so make sure they are optimised properly.
- The most effective blog posts on LinkedIn are commentaries on current news in your industry.
- Remember that anyone who interacts with blog posts on LinkedIn is directly contactable – they are not just faceless usernames like you would see below most other articles.
- Although a lot can be done on LinkedIn for free, it’s worth fully understanding the power of the premium services + also the potential of sponsored content.
- A LinkedIn company page is an absolute must.
In this episode of Business Brain Food you will learn:
- How to write an appropriate profile
- The power of LinkedIn blogging
- When it’s appropriate to connect with people
- What you get from LinkedIn Premium
- How LinkedIn integrates with Slideshare
- LinkedIn Sales Navigator
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Ben’s LinkedIn Profile: (https://www.LinkedIn.com/in/benfewtrell)
- Jason’s LinkedIn: (https://www.LinkedIn.com/in/jsnmiller)
- Slideshare: (http://www.slideshare.net/)
- The Sophisticated Marketer’s Guide To LinkedIn (https://business.LinkedIn.com/marketing-solutions/c/14/1/sophisticated-guide-for-marketing)
- Jason’s site: (http://www.welcometothefunnel.com/)
- Business Brain Food Facebook Group – What should we do for the 100th show? Post your ideas to the group! (facebook.com/groups/businessbrainfood)
- Sponsor the show: firstname.lastname@example.org, put in subject line “interested in sponsoring BBF”
- Free, no-obligation business coaching chat with a member of Ben’s team: (http://actioncoachanz.com/free-business-coaching-session)
- Ben’s Daily Business Tips podcast (http://www.dbtpodcast.com)
- Facebook (facebook.com/businessbrainfood)
- Twitter (https://twitter.com/bfewtrell)
- ActionCOACH (http://actioncoachanz.com/itunes)
- ActionCOACH (http://actioncoachanz.com/stitcher)
As Jason says, “people spend time on social networks, but they invest in LinkedIn”. Can you really afford to not be an expert on the biggest networking facility in the world? Jason will show you the ropes!
Also, if you are enjoying these Business Brain Food podcasts, then make sure to share them via social media sites or email the links to family and friends. A lot of time and effort goes into producing each of these podcasts with the goal in mind of the more people we can inspire about business the better. You can help us do just that!
Until next time, have a profitable day.
(02) 9111 5000